Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Woman of His Dreams

A friend recently recommended the book that I am currently reading: Becoming the Woman of His Dreams, written by Sharon Jaynes. In this book, Jaynes shares seven qualities every man longs for. I was already brought to tears in the third chapter where there was a paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 13:

If I teach Bible study classes, volunteer for women's ministry, and sing in the choir, but do not love my husband, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging symbol. If I have a college degree, high-paying job, and successful career, but do not love my husband, I am emotionally and spiritually bankrupt. If I have faith that can move mountains, am quick to pray for those in need, and even have half the Bible memorized, but do not love my husband, I am disobedient and do not please God. If I keep a spotless house, maintain a well-manicured lawn, and prepare nutritionally balanced meals, but do not love my husband it is all for naught. Hired hands can do as much.

Chad and I have been married for almost 4 years. And I hope and pray that I will always be the woman of his dreams.

Dating (August 2006)

Engaged (Mexico November 6, 2006)

Married (July 13, 2007)

Together Forever (Honduras 2011)

4 comments:

  1. Trina,
    I love this post! I just requested the book from the library- sounds like a really good one. Thanks for the recommendation. I love the pictures- You and Chad are such a beautiful couple. How's the Spanish coming along? Feeling more comfortable?
    Praying for you!
    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....I LOVE THIS! Just made me teary...thanks for sharing your beautiful love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is warm and fuzzy feeling after reading this post!

    ReplyDelete