Friday, March 25, 2011

Brownies, Cookies, and Cupcakes...OH MY!


So if you didn't already know, I LOVE to bake. Anytime there is a birthday, a holiday, or any other special day I become a baking machine! SO, when Amy (Alvin's daughter) asked me to do some baking for her bake sale at school, I jumped at the chance to help her out. She asked me to make brownies, cookies, and cupcakes. I literally spent all day yesterday baking these goodies. I was up to my elbows in batter, dough, and frosting! And licking my fingers in the process was just a bonus :) 
The brownies I made were just from a box (I know I cheated, but I was crunched for time). I did add some chocolate chips on the top and they turned out pretty yummy. Next I made monster cookies. I got this recipe from my mom, who makes them all the time (and I get my love for baking from her). She told me that she usually does half the recipe because it makes so many. And she wasn't kidding! By cookie number 50 I was done, and I still had tons of batter left. So, I decided to make a REAL monster cookie with the rest of the batter. And by real, I mean real big! I think I will keep this one to myself. Next were the cupcakes, which are my favorite to make and decorate. I wanted to try a different kind of frosting so I searched for rainbow frosting. I found a really cool one and I love the way they turned out. 
So that was my day of baking. I hope they all sell, because if they don't I might put on more weight than I would like to. 

Chocolate Goodness! 

Now that is what I call a MONSTER cookie! 
I was pretty proud of these!

And of course, my little taste tester. Asher's first monster cookie!

1 comment:

  1. Mini Mom! ;) Do share the recipe for that frosting...I want to try to make those! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete