Thursday, January 27, 2011

This Is My Buddy, This Is My Pal


Asher and I have become best friends. We spend all day, every day together and are best buddies. We play together, go on walks together, eat together, laugh together, and sometimes even cry together. I love that we are so close and that he is "mommy's little boy." I love that he loves me so much and thinks I am the best thing in the whole world. Cause I will admit it now, he will not always think that way of me. I love this boy more than anything, and he is the light of my life.
Being a first time mom makes me wonder if Asher is getting enough, or any for that matter, social interaction. How important is it for him to be around other children his own age? Is it healthy that Chad and I are his only friends? Back home he was always around his cousins; but he doesn't have that here. I have sometimes even contemplated putting him in a daycare for a couple mornings a week just so he will have interaction with other children. But I swore I would never put my children in daycare. I know I shouldn't worry, but it's what mother's do best, right?! I just always want what's best for my son. And I will continue to seek guidance and wisdom from the ONE who does know what's best.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Trina, it is hard to know what is best, I know that you are a terrific mother and you will figure it out. When Chad was I think 4 he went to a pre-school at 2nd church. He screamed bloody murder when I left him, it was hard but I think it was good for both of us. He wasn't an only child he had his sister, but it was still hard to see mommy leave, you just never know, Asher may be just fine with going to a playtime a morning or two a week. There is no wrong answer, whatever you decide I am sure will be just fine. Love you lots, Mom B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should get together! I'm not sure how well Juliana will play with Asher, but at least they'd get some interaction with other baby close to their age!

    Melodee

    ReplyDelete