Wednesday, January 19, 2011

16 Month Milestones


I can't believe another month has passed by and that my baby boy is 16 months old already. Again, I am just amazed at each new stage that develops in Asher's young life. I LOVE watching him learn new things everyday. He really is turning into such a little man! I've decided that since these blogs can be turned into a book, I would document Asher's monthly milestones. Again, these were taken from http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-13-to-18-months_1496589.bc, which is a wonderful website I might add!

I know that grandmas and aunties will especially appreciate this since they don't get to watch him grow before their eyes. I hope this helps the "missing him" part a little easier.

Mastered Skills: Turns the pages of a book, has temper tantrums when frustrated, becomes attached to a soft toy or other object.
Emerging Skills: Discovers the joy of climbing, stacks three blocks, uses spoon or fork, learns the correct way to use common objects (e.g. the telephone).



Advanced Skills: Takes off one piece of clothing by himself, gets finicky about food, switches from two naps to one.

Okay, so Asher knows how to do MOST of these things. In the mastered skills, he has not become attached to a soft toy or other object. But I am not sure I would qualify that as a skill :) And in the advanced skills, he has not quite learned how to remove an item of clothing, unless his diaper counts because he knows how to do that!
Well there you have it. Our little boy in a nutshell at month 16. Once again, I praise God for such a healthy baby boy. I am so proud to be Asher's mommy and I fall more in love with this little boy of mine everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwhh...such cute, appropriate pictures!! You are such a good mommy, Asher is a lucky boy! Happy 16 month bday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Asher's grandma, I just want to thank you for doing this. What a great way to stay involved in his life even though you are so very far away. You are a terrific Mom and I am thankful you are Asher's Mom! Love you both! Mom B.

    ReplyDelete