Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'll Make It Myself

Flavored creamer is hard to come by here. And if you do find it, it is only the powdered kind. Well, if you know me at all, you know that I need creamer in my coffee. Coffee just isn't worth drinking if it doesn't  have a little flavor. So this is quite a predicament for me to live in a place where it's rare to find. 
You can imagine my excitement when I found some french vanilla creamer at one of the two grocery stores that I go to. And you can imagine my sadness when I went back to that same grocery store and found none!  What was I to do? I need coffee! Especially now that Asher keeps me awake during the night. How could I ever function without it?! 
Well, I decided to take this into my own hands and make it myself. I did some digging online and found a recipe to make a liquid french vanilla creamer (www.thecoffeehousenuts.com). Not only is it easy to make, but it is delicious as well! 

All you need is 3 ingredients: 1 1/2 cups of reduced fat milk, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, and 1 Tablespoon of 100% PURE vanilla: 


Mix the three together...



 ...and you have your creamer. Ahhh, can you taste the goodness?! 


3 comments:

  1. Very impressive Trina! I am the same way with coffee, no creamer = no coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool, Trina! And then it doesn't have any extra unpronouncable nasties in it! Way to be resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of your coffee mug makes me miss mornings in Honduras at your place! :( Good thing you found a solution...sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete