Monday, January 24, 2011

He's There, and I'm Here

I knew that moving here would mean that I have to make sacrifices. But I didn't know it would be this hard. Just yesterday my sister Lindy had a baby. I became an aunt for the 9th time, to a beautiful baby boy. That makes 6 nephews and 3 nieces...boys are popular in our family :) His name is Slade Verlyn Stuit, and he weighed a tiny 5lbs 4oz. He was a month early so that is why he is such a peanut!
I got the call from my mom and missed it! So I had to hear over voicemail, "It's a BOY!" I then skyped in with my family at the hospital and got to hear Ben (the daddy) give some details. It was definitely not the same as being there in person, but at least it was something. But, as if that wasn't hard enough, I had to see my sweet nephew for the first time over facebook. My heart hurts with the realization that I will not get to hold my new nephew, hug him and kiss him and love him; all because he is there and I am here. This is a sacrifice for me and it is hard. I am hoping that the next 5 months go by very fast. Until then, pictures and skype will have to do.

Look at that blonde, curly hair! 

I think I just died and went to heaven. 

No words to describe how sweet this baby boy is. 

2 comments:

  1. So precious! I hope and pray Trina that as you cuddle a sweet new baby there, it will take some of the sting out of the sacrifice you have been called to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you Trina. :( My sister lives in California, and I was so sad when she had her baby and I couldn't be there. Hopefully you get to come home for a visit soon!!??

    ReplyDelete