Thursday, December 9, 2010

Some Christmas Baking

Oh how I love to bake...like I mean REALLY LOVE to bake. I think I get this from my mother who usually bakes something a few times a week. And since the Christmas holiday is among us, that means lots and lots of baking. And on top of that, our ministry has the opportunity to host a table at a bazaar this week (Thursday and Friday). It is at the school that I taught at 4 years ago and it is the same night as their Christmas program. We will be selling Manos coffee, souvenirs, and you guessed it, baked goods!
I always love trying new and fun baking ideas so I did some google research. I especially love cupcakes and I found this great recipe http://bakingbites.com/2008/12/candy-cane-christmas-cupcakes/ for Candy Cane Cupcakes. They turned out great! Take a look:

Before icing! 
And after the icing! I added some Bell Peppermint Bark that I found at the store. 
Aren't they cute?!
I also decided to go for the popular Peppermint Bark. For one, it is SO easy to make. And two, it is delicious! I plan on putting these in little baggies with ribbon and selling them by the bag. Here is how it turned out:


So there is the start of my Christmas baking. However, there are still 17 more days till Christmas so that means I still have lots more baking to do. I am going to miss the annual Christmas baking day with my sisters and my mom. I look so forward to this every year and I treasure those moments. But since I can't be there for the baking frenzy, I will bring the baking frenzy here. I plan on taking the girls (from the Eagle's Nest) to our house and decorating Christmas cookies. I look forward to spending some time with these girls, who I love so much. Oh, and did I mention that I love to bake?! And I think my son likes chocolate as much as his nana!

He got SO mad at me when I took this spatula away! 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy Yummy....You will also have some family in town that would be oh so blessed by your wonderful baking! ;) Fantastico!!! Asher is so darn cute with those big blue eyes! Can't wait sister~ Love you!

    ReplyDelete