Friday, December 17, 2010

Mommy's Little Genius

I have quite the little genius on my hands! I love watching Asher learn new things everyday. It is so fun to watch each and every stage, even though some of those stages are rather challenging. He is such a smart little guy and he learns so quickly. I recently did some research on 15 month milestones for toddlers (Asher will be 15 months on Sunday); and I am proud to announce that I have a genius for a son :) In my findings on babycenter.com, they list Mastered, Emerging, and Advanced Skills for each month of your child's development. Mastered qualifies as what most kids can do, Emerged is what some kids can do, and Advanced is what a few kids can do. These are the 15 month milestones:

Mastered: Plays with a ball, uses three words regularly, walks backward...CHECK!
Emerged: Scribbles with a crayon, runs, adopts "no" as his favorite word...CHECK!
Advanced: "Helps" around the house, puts his fingers to his mouth and says, "shhh"...CHECK!

Asher can do all these things! Now I might be bragging a little, but what mommy doesn't about their child?! I just feel blessed to have such a wonderful son. I thank God everyday that I get to be his mommy. Here are some pics of my smart little boy!
Playing with the towels is a kitchen favorite!
Helping mommy with some cleaning. 
And he loves to play with the broom! He gets mad if I take it away. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so enjoying your blog Trina! Raising kids can be overwhelming and that's in familiar territory!! But you and Chad are in our prayers and I hope one day Bruce and I will get to make your city a Mission Trip experience. Merry Christmas~~~

    ReplyDelete