Friday, November 19, 2010

This Is The Way We Take A Bath

Asher has loved his baths ever since I began bathing him in the tub. As soon as he heard the water running, he would scoot on over to the tub and try to climb in. He loved to splish and splash around in the water and I loved seeing that big smile on his face as soon as his body hit the water.
Asher still loves his bath, but they are a little different these days. First of all, bath tubs are pretty rare around here. Most houses have only showers, and ours is one of those houses. Second, the water isn't safe to drink here so a shower wouldn't work either because of the risk of swallowing water. So alas, we had to think of a different way to bathe Asher. 
We came up with a way that works pretty well. First, I boil a big pot of water (for 1 minute) to kill any bacteria. Second, I pour the water in a washing bin and place it in the freezer to cool down (this takes about 15 minutes to get the right temperature).  And finally, I stick him the shower and sponge bathe him with the water from the bin. Granted, it's no bath, and it isn't as convenient as filling a bathtub of water and sticking him in, but it gets the job done and Asher has no complaints! Here are some pics of my little buddy during his bath time:



1 comment:

  1. WOW...it really makes me thankful for what I do have...but reminds me of how so many people in the world live their lives each day. I take drinking water and bathtubs for granted. Love how you found the perfect way for Asher to still have a fun bath time. He looks SO much like you! Miss his cute little face. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete