Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The BEST pudding EVER

After struggling with Asher to get him to eat his vegetables, I decided to purchase the recipe book, Deceptively Delicious , by Jessica Seinfeld. In her book, Jessica creates delicious meals, including breakfast ideas, meal ideas, and dessert ideas. All these recipes are made with pureed vegetables, which are deceptively "hidden" in the meal. I have made many of her meals and Asher seems to love them. But my absolute favorite is her Chocolate Pudding, made with avocado puree. Yes, I said avocado. I am obsessed with this pudding and I have made it several times. It taste like brownie batter! 

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup of soft tub butter or margarine spread
  • 1 cup avocado puree
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup corn starch
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Ingredients

First, melt the butter on low heat.
Second, mix all the ingredients, except the corn starch. Use a rubber spatula to get all the clumps out. Cook for 3-4 minutes. 
Third, remove from heat and add the cornstarch. 
Enjoy the BEST pudding ever, with a glass of milk of course! 



No comments:

Post a Comment